Safety Orientation Course for Workers – Metalworking
Workers from the metalworking industry.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Recognise their roles and duties in construction works
- Implement safety measures and work procedures
8.5 hours (including assessment)
Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
- Employee's obligation, under the WSH Act
- Occupational health & hygiene, chemical safety
- Machine safety
- Hand tools safety
- Maintenance safety (Lock-out procedure)
- Electrical safety
- Material handling safety
- Hot work safety and definitions
- Fire safety
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Job hazard identification
Medium of Instruction
English, Mandarin, Malay, Tamil, Thai and Bengali.
- Discussion on case studies
Upon successful completion and passing of the re-certification exam, trainees will receive a safety pass which is valid for a period of 2 or 4 years, depending on the years of their working experience in the related industry in Singapore.
Note: Participants with less than 6 years of working experience in Singapore will get a safety pass that is valid for 2 years. Those with more than 6 years of working experience in Singapore, will get a safety pass that is valid for 4 years.
Full course fee
|Nett price after SDF Funding*|| $10.10|
|Nett price after SME Funding*|| $6.36|
|Nett price after WTS Funding*|| $4.49|
- Participants must attend 100% of the course and complete the exam
- Customers who are applying for the funding for trainee(s), please make enrollment in SkillsConnect website before registration
- WTS funding only applies to company-sponsored trainee who is 35 years old and above with a monthly income of $1,900 and below.
For Training Grant application, please use the following reference code:
WTS for individual:
- Self-initiated trainees (sign up training on their own, without employer's sponsorship) can access funding support at Service Touch-points (Self Help Groups/ NTUC/ WDA Career Centres at CDCs) within 180 days before or up to 30 days after course commencement date.
- For more information, you may refer to www.workfare.sg
For more information on SDF Training Grant Application, please click here
*NTUC UTAP funding is available.
SDF/ SME/ WTS Funding (For Corporate Registrations):